Wingspan: 1023mm / 40.27in
Length: 1522mm / 59.92in
Flying Weight: 3550g / 125.22oz
CG (Center of Gravity): 118mm – 128mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root
Power System: 3672-1900kV Brushless Inrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control: 130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
EDF: 90mm EDF with 9 Blade Fan (PNP only)
Servos: 9g hybrid gear standard with 300mm lead : left main gear door
9g hybrid gear reverse with 300mm lead : right main gear door
9g hybrid gear standard with 100mm lead : nose landing gear steering
9g hybrid gear reverse with 100mm lead : nose gear door
17g metal gear digital standard with 100mm lead : right elevator
17g metal gear digital reverse with 100mm lead : left elevator
17g metal gear digital standard with 300mm lead : left aileron, right aileron
17g metal gear digital standard with 550mm lead : rudder
Landing Gear: CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation
Required Battery: 6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo with EC5 connector (not included)
Required Radio: Minimum 5-6 Channel (required)
Hinge Type: Nylon hinges
Material: EPO Foam
Skill Level: Advanced
Build Time: 1 Hour
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
The F-16C is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, it evolved into a successful all-weather multirole aircraft. Over 4,500 aircraft have been built since production was approved in 1976.The F-16C has key features including a frameless bubble canopy for better visibility, side-mounted control stick to ease control while maneuvering, a seat reclined 30 degrees to reduce the effect of g-forces on the pilot, and the first use of a relaxed static stability/fly-by-wire flight control system helps to make it a nimble aircraft. In addition to active duty U.S. Air Force, Air Force Reserve Command, and Air National Guard units, the aircraft is also used by the USAF aerial demonstration team, the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, and as an adversary/aggressor aircraft by the United States Navy. The F-16 has also been procured to serve in the air forces of 25 other nations.
We worked closely with Freewing in optimizing their all new 90mm F-16C model to do justice to this legendary aircraft. Freewing worked for over a year to design an F-16C that any RC pilot would be proud to own. Simply put, after 200+ test flights, we believe this is the best foam PNP scale F-16 in the world today. While F-16s are available in many sizes throughout our RC hobby, Freewing's 90mm F-16C offers unique features not seen before in a foam F-16 such as scale operating landing gear CNC machined from durable 6061 aluminum, completely removable surfaces, and a pre-installed LED afterburner. Other scale details like a tinted canopy with plastic detailed cockpit, a complete navigation light package, and injection molded details like its "bird slicers" and accurate exhaust nozzle "turkey feathers" set this model apart from other foam F-16s.
The Plug and Play (PNP) version includes a powerful 1550kv outrunner motor and 130A ESC, and is designed for the common 6s 5000mah lipo battery size used in several other Freewing jets. A KIT+ version is also available for pilots who want to install their own power system. The model is designed for versatility, and for future upgradability it is designed to CG with two Admiral 4s 4000mah 40c batteries without any modification to the battery bay, if a pilot wants to install an 8s capable motor/fan/ESC.
Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F-16C excels in scale maneuvers like slow high alpha, tight banked turns, and stability throughout its flight envelope. It has a long glideslope considering its weight, and its landing attitude will be familiar to those who have flown the Freewing Stinger 90. The Freewing F-16C cruises at 50% throttle and we measured an average top speed of 90mph in level flight after a slight dive. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight, like other Freewing 90mm jets. With its scale landing gear, lights, loadout and other details, the Freewing 90mm F-16C will be the gem of any RC pilot's foam jet fleet.
– Large scale electronic ducted fan RC jet sporting the famous Thunderbirds livery (photos coming soon)
– 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1550KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound (PNP only)
– Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing ensure AMA compliance (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions – PNP only)
– Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC (PNP only)
– Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
– Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
– Removeable wings, stabilators, vertical stabilizer, and nose cone for easy transport and compact storage
– Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
– Gap-less hinges on ailerons and rudder for scale appearance
– Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
– Pre-installed LED afterburner
– Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
– Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
– Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
– All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver and battery, and fly! (PNP only)
– Minimum 7 Channel Radio
– 7-9 Channel Receiver We also tested the aircraft with flaperons mixed, which would require a 7th channel.
– 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector Lipo Battery Charger